Monday, May 24, 2010

The 'Bring It' Challenge

Alright, no more effing around. Pardon me, but that's what it is.

It's time for me to see what I've got. It's time for me to prove myself wrong with a bunch of barf-worthy workouts, some serious discipline with my eating, and some self image overhauling.

First, I've started a new account on FitDay. I've decided that keeping track of my calorie intake is what I need to do in order to look out for myself. I'll be making a point to log in twice a day to update food: once after lunch, once after dinner.

Second, I'm starting a new workout schedule, and I'm hoping that it can get me into the mode of going to the gym/working out 6 times a week. I need to do this in order to get myself in the habit. Without the habit, I never make it a point to where working out is 'just part of my day'.

I'm also taking on some of the Insanity workouts as my source of cardio for the day. I am still training for a half marathon in the spring, so I will have some long runs worked into my routine.

I have a goal date in mind: to see how fit, strong, and healthy I can become by August 30th. Wait, why that date?

Because. I don't want to ring in my 28th birthday feeling the way I do. I've spent 28 years fighting bad diets, emotional attachment to food, lack of exercise, and genes. No more. I'm tired of it!!!

So. Here are my goals (with no deadlines!):

1. To make every workout worth it. To BRING IT.
2. To make sure I work out every day I'm scheduled to work out.
3. To first take a breath and think before I eat. Am I hungry? Do I really want to waste my hard work on this food?
4. To drink 3 liters of water a day. At least.
5. To reward myself with something other than food when I reach a goal.
6. To foam roll after EVERY workout.
7. To look in the mirror every morning and love myself out loud.

Month One:

Sundays: Rest/Yoga
Mondays: Full Body w/Abs, Cardio
Tuesdays: Long Run
Wednesdays: Full Body w/Abs
Thursdays: Short Run, Yoga
Fridays: Full Body w/Abs, Cardio
Saturdays: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

2 comments:

Isabel said...

Wooohoo... I'm lovin' it all!! Motivation! Discipline! Stronger! Bring it!

Melissa said...

Oh Izzie, you're an awesome cheerleader!!!

I'm going to bring it this week, and get myself geared up for an AWESOME body by my birthday.

It's going to take some discipline, that's for sure!