Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Procrastinated Fresh Start

You know, I'd like to ask one question: why is it that when you take a break from watching what you eat to enjoy food without "worrying" about it, it's so dang hard to get back into the groove? This is just one thing I'm trying to conquer today...and it doesn't seem to be going well.

I'm currently starting a new blog, because I feel the need to freshen things up. I need to organize my life, get my head out of the clouds and into a serious zone. I need to manage my time in better ways that I do currently, because honestly, this is not cutting it.

First of all, I need to start planning things ahead of time. I'm not talking vacation plans or even plans for the weekend. I'm talking about planning meals, planning chores, planning projects. There's so much for a momma like me to take care of, and I'm so overwhelmed that things get backed up. I procrastinate. I make budgets I don't follow. I make workout plans I don't follow.

I started a new shift at work, starting at 6:30AM and ending at 2:30PM. Talk about relief. I got off today on time, got some diaper, filing system, and random shopping done, talked to my mom for an hour in the parking lot while picking up my girls, and came home and got a couple of things done. All before 6:ooPM. This is fabulous!!!!

My plans for now are to start getting in the groove of hitting the gym right after work. I won't have the excuse now. I was trying to wake up at 4:30AM in order to hit the gym, but, like most, I had the internal debate. The reasoning "the kids slept through the night...catch up on your sleep" always wins. Well, almost always. Now I have to wake up. I used to do this shift before my newest baby, Maddie, was born, and it allows for me to run any errands I have to get done on a weekday. Hello...why in the world do we all work until 5:00PM and the banks and post office close then, too? I mean, I bet 75% of the world works until then...so why not keep the darn things open for the workin' peeps?

As for my eating issue...I have plans to go pretty strict on the clean eating. Go ahead...make fun of me you "experienced" ones. Tell me it's not necessary to eat clean all the time or that everyone goes right for the "eating clean" in order to lose weight. Tough crap, man. I'm not doing it for a "quick fix". I'm not doing it because I was told to. I'm doing it because that's when I feel the best. I feel lighter. Calmer. More nourished. More hydrated.

Problem is, I'm craving "bad" things. Cookies. Rich dishes. BEEF. Part of it is monthly issues, haha, but I visited my sister this past weekend, and let me tell you...I had the best Blackened Chicken and Goat Cheese Quesadilla ever. Why is it that when we eat like doo doo, we want more? I mean, I feel like crap: sluggish, heavy, bloated, you name it. I can feel the difference in my body the second I eat poorly. Why do I want more?

Hopefully I can get this under control...I almost feel the need to "cleanse." Down a million glasses of cleaning product. Sweat some gravy.

I have a lot of things to get under control these days, and I have no plans in the near future. No trips. No parties. Nothing. Just plenty of time to get things done.

Oh. I just remembered...I have mutant dandelions growing in my garden.

Time to weed.

No comments: