Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Bag Of Sugar & A 2-lb. Dumbbell Lighter

Weight Watchers is my new best friend!!

Feeling free makes things SO much easier. After deciding to scrape a few things off my plate into the trash can, I've been able to focus on some very important things: my health and my happiness.

After deciding to restart Weight Watchers, I also put my foot down and told myself not to wuss out and ignore the fact that I desperately needed to incorporate more exercise into my life. Not just because it helps me lose weight, but because it makes me feel a million times better. It also helps me make better choices.

Case in point: evenings. I have a tendency to snack. The second I get home, especially when the hubby isn't there yet, I want to head to the fridge or the cabinets. WHY!?!? I must have gotten myself into the habit of doing so. What I noticed this week, is that even though it's so much harder to hit the gym after work, it prevents me from thinking about the cabinets. I work 6:30AM-2:30PM, and I'm at the gym by 3:15PM if traffic's flowing smoothly. By the time I get out, get the kids, and get home, it's time to make dinner. On my rest day this week...the snacking was SO much more tempting. Eye opener right there. It's not hunger, it's habit.

I got 4 runs in this week, totaling 9 miles. (3, 1, 3, 2.) I got two full body lifting sessions in towards the end of the week. Along with counting points, I lost 7 pounds. 209.4 down to 202.6. (Okay, I'm giving myself the 0.2 pounds. Haha.)

That's a bag of sugar


AND a 2-lb. dumbbell lighter.

I wonder what's in store for me this week???

All I know is that my last run was incredible until my iPod died. I lost my train of thought that day. Here's what I'm going to try to do this week: add a mile on. I somehow focused in on the shadow of a diver in the Gulf on CNN that day and forgot to look at the time or distance on the treadmill. I kept thinking about my post weight loss body. I kept thinking about how much I've already accomplished and how in control I feel. Something was so refreshing about that run. Until the iPod died. I need to learn how to meditate when I run...I literally lost my train of thought when it turned off. I might make my speed runs iPod free to get myself less dependent.

This week's goals:
1. Lose the last 2 lbs. of my 200s. I'm RIGHT. THERE.

2. Even on "rest days", get myself to the gym for a mile run. I need to reprogram my mind. I don't want to feel panicky on days I'm resting...snacking gets me nowhere.

3. Keep strong and right on track all days this week...my best friend arrives Wednesday night, and she's a partier. She's an eater (and 5'1", and wears Gap KIDS clothing if she wants to). I need to stay in control...especially after using some of my weekly points for SUSHI last night!
4. Go to my meeting and the gym Saturday morning, regardless of what shenanigans I get into on Friday night. (DANCING!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!) (If I don't get to the gym, then it might be okay...dancing for hours on end can count!)

Here's to a fantastic second week!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa @ I'm an Okie said...

you can do it!

I know I have a lot of food habits, and they are tough to break--but you are doing things to get out of the habit as well.

I'm going out of town next week as you know, and will be doin the best I can to eat healthfully and still get good exercise in!

Melissa said...

I am STILL trying to figure out a way for us to get together. We need to chat about this.

Does your hotel have a gym in it? I know that when I head out to the coast for my reunion at the end of the month, I'll be hitting the gym in the hotel every morning. I am PROMISING myself to keep the running up and everything. I can't let myself slack. That's the beauty of places these days. Most have a fitness center for people to keep exercise in their lives during travel.:)