Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Wowee. I have so much to catch up on!!

First, I apologize for the hiatus. It's been a bit hectic lately. Being a mom can throw some major curve balls in my direction, and I've been scrambling to catch them.

For example, I received a frantic phone call from my husband yesterday, panicking and asking where I should take our 11-month old daughter, Maddie, for an emergency...she fell on the asphalt and was passing out. That's all I got.

So, in typical mom fashion, I teared up, ran to my boss, explained, and drove 90mph down the highway, hazards on, tears rolling down my cheeks. The thought of something happening to my baby killed me. Fortunately, after a million calls to my husband and my mother-in-law, one of them finally called me back with news that she was up, playing, and had just had a CAT scan done.

She's all bruised up, but luckily, my baby's little brain is okay.


God forbid anything happens to her. I don't know what I would have done then, and I still don't know what I would do now or in the future.

The short version of what happened? My mother-in-law had her wrapped in a towel after playing in the pool, went to stand up, and Maddie fell out of the towel, head first. The pool now resides in the grass.

On top of that, she had a well-baby checkup last week that resulted in me finding out that there's an extra 'whoosh' in her heartbeat, so upon her next visit, they'll be checking it to make sure it hasn't changed.

After the ER visit in Cincinnati, this, and the ER visit yesterday, Madelyn's put me through enough heart-stopping moments before she's even a year old...I'm ready for a break.

Anyways, be ready for a good post tonight...lots of deep stuff, fun stuff, and healthy stuff to talk about!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oh no! I had NO idea. Im glad she's ok. That picture is heartbreaking!