Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Goal Without A Plan Is Just A Wish (6/17/10)

LOVE the quote that is my post title so much that I made it just that!!!


SO.
As I mentioned yesterday, I was watching Losing It and did my pilates and yoga...and it dawned on me how wonderful I felt afterward. I thought, "Okay, so those people on 'Losing It' can do it, and they didn't do it with one workout a day. Now it's time to get into action."

I'm tired of seeing results extremely slow...granted, sure, the results will remain results, but I know that if I put my mind to it, eat well, and workout hard without overdoing it, I can see results faster. How am I going to do that without wearing myself out, you ask?

Here's how:

This was the plan at the beginning of the week:

Sunday: Rest
Monday: FB & Cardio
Tuesday: Yoga
Wednesday: FB & Cardio
Thursday: Rest
Friday: FB & Cardio
Saturday: Long run

What is it now??

Sunday: Rest (COMPLETE)
Monday: FB & Cardio (COMPLETE)
Tuesday: Pilates & Yoga PM (COMPLETE)
Wednesday: FB, Cardio AM/ Pilates & Meditation PM (COMPLETE)
Thursday: Yoga & Meditation PM
Friday: FB, Cardio AM (Camping For Father's Day PM)
Saturday: Camping For Father's Day (Hiking, Fishing, Swimming?)

Want to know the results? Almost 2" off my waist.

I'm busting my tubby little ass. Haha.

I feel great, but I'm super sore. My abs are burning, and luckily, they'll get a break this weekend.

My plan for next week is to up my runs some more...I'm trying to get to 3-4 miles comfortably several times a week before I really start working on adding distance. We'll see how it goes!

As far as food goes, I've decided I'm going to experiment:

Fresh fruits, fresh veggies, lean protein (local!), and minuscule amounts of whole wheat pastas/rices. Basically, I'm going to cut out anything boxed. I'm going to steer clear of cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc...I want to see exactly how "perfect" I can get my diet...

...Which will be tested tonight. My grandma's birthday is tonight, and of course that means pizza and cake.
Not for this chick...a salad and lean meat and NO cake!!! I love that this is happening for me right now, because it'll put me to the test. How strong is my willpower?? How bad do I want this weight to come off?

You'll find out tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Lisa (I'm an Okie) said...

I loooove your new background. so fun and colorful!

Im so glad you are feeling so motivated. Its always great when you feel like your desires and your brain finally match up!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've stumbled over to your blog and I really like it. You write with great personality!
Katherine